Oh at last, here is December, the Christmas season starts officially today! The holiday mood has crept onto my downloadable calendar as well, so you can use a grey work day to smuggle some festive cheer into your daily life.
For me, getting into the Christmas mood seems harder and harder every year but I have my own survival kit, which will always bring some holiday spirit. So instead of the usual nature notes I am going to share this list with you – in the hope it might help you as well. So at my place…
…there is no December without
- Christmas movies (Love Actually and Bridget Jones are must-s, others may come according to my mood)
- Christmas carols (it is Diana Krall lately, but I have loved the King’s College Choir and Loreena McKennitt as well)
- candles & tea
- having breakfast in bed with some Christmas Special magazines
- mulled wine and the Christmas fair
- walking in the city full of Christmas lights
- the smell of orange
Enjoy this amazing month, and have a lovely, calm, shopping-centre-free December :)
December 4, 2016 at 7:50 am
Well written, Indeed there is no December without all of those things you listed.Thank you for sharing.
December 9, 2016 at 12:59 pm
Thank you, Maky!