To avoid putting on further pounds, the next recipe I’m sharing with you is as far from cakes as it can be: today we are grilling salmon! To tell the truth I chose to paint this recipe because I absolutely can’t stand fish (or any other creature coming from water) so this way I could avoid the temptation that food illustration poses. Of course, I have no problem with the same recipe with salmon exchanged for chicken, for example. So, here is a grilled favourite for salmon-lovers.
- 71.5 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 large lemons thinly sliced
- 16 skewers
For the marinade:
- 2 Tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- 2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (we used grey poupon)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp light olive oil (not extra virgin, pick something with a higher smoke point)
- 2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon or 1 small lemon
In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients: 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1/2 Tbsp dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Skewer the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto two skewers at a time and brush both sides of skewers with marinade. Oil the grates then carefully place salmon skewers onto the hot BBQ. Grill kebobs for 3-4 minutes per side until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
(Please note that this recipe comes from the blog Natasha’s Kitchen)
A print of the illustration above has been included in the limited edition design box Goods from our garden. If you’d like to own this piece, then please contact me via hello[at]imeldagreens.com. (English language text available on demand!)
Want new articles right in your inbox? Subscribe!